Sunday, October 27, 2013

oak creek canyon

I know it pales in comparison to anything further east, but I grew up in California (aka land of forever summer) and I fell in love with fall in Utah. Taking drives through the Alpine Loop when I lived in Provo, and riding on the back of a motorcycle up to Snowbird when I moved north, were some of my favorite memories. I just love the fall colors. Well, turns out that in Phoenix, fall is like the second coming of spring. All those monsoon rains in August make the desert come alive with flowers. It's pretty, but not quite the fall color I was looking for.

We took a drive up past Sedona to Oak Creek Canyon yesterday so I could see my fall colors. Nathan can attest to my girly, excited squeals when I caught sight of the bright leaves. It was seriously so pretty. It's also a nice hike in case you're ever between Sedona and Flagstaff and have a few hours to spare.







No comments:

Post a Comment