Nathan and I started the Summer of Love early when we got married on March 16. Within a month, Brad and Alissa, then Michael and Lauren, were engaged. Let the weddings begin!
We started with Brad and Alissa's in Kansas City, MO, with a reception in Branson. (Real talk: I think I would love living in the Midwest. Everyone was saying how humid and disgusting it was, and I was just excited it was under 115 degrees. Plus, green! trees! flowers that don't wilt 20 minutes after they bloom!) It was such a beautiful weekend. Alissa and her mom did a great job with the reception details: small and intimate at a country club with a killer view and a summer thunderstorm sky. Plus, new sister-in-law! She's awesome.
Two weeks later we were in Hemet for their open house. Katie and Regina and Lindsey made it so beautiful and the treats were so fun: ice cream sodas with fancy-shmancy soda flavors like Raspberry Lime and six kinds of root beer, plus mini cupcakes. As a bonus, Nathan's aunt & uncle had just returned from their mission presidency and were reporting the next day, so we got to meet lots of new Jergy cousins. It was almost like our reception all over again since I hadn't met any of them before, so that was fun.
The next week, Michael and Lauren got married in the Denver temple. Talk about a beautiful day! The weather was amazing (we could also happily live in Denver...or anywhere else that isn't a desert...), the bride and groom were so adorably in love, and I couldn't have been happier for my baby brother and his beautiful wife. Their reception at Cherry Hill Country Club was easily the most elegant and glamorous event I've ever attended. The food was amazing. The decor was perfect. It took all Nathan's willpower to stay off the beautifully kept golf course. Lauren's sister-in-law sang their first dance song, "The Way You Look Tonight". Then those two lucky kids spent the 10 days after their wedding in Kauai and I'm a little jealous since I only got 5 days there. Nathan, I think we need to go back :)
In 2 weeks we're heading back to California for Michael and Lauren's open house in Yorba Linda. It's going to be epic! I'm so happy for the newlyweds in the family. It's been a great summer!








No comments:
Post a Comment