Nathan and I finally live in the same state! Two weeks ago we have about 36 hours in the freezing Utah weather to pack up a moving truck and clean out my old apartment, then drive the 650 miles to our new home in Glendale, Arizona. We stopped to spend the night with Adam and Meghan in Las Vegas and it was so fun to see them again. Another highlight of the drive was Nathan getting a migraine and losing sight in one eye, meaning I had to drive the last 90 miles or so. Since the biggest thing I ever drove before was my parents' Expedition, a 16-foot truck with my car towed behind it scared me to death, but we made it!
As we were moving in we noticed a lot of things we'd missed when we signed the lease - like the missing bathroom door. My first morning shower was a delight when the shower head fell off and hit my shoulder. But all the repairs have finally been made and I'm trying to make this apartment into a home for us. We do have an amazing back yard - a golf course. Maybe now I'll actually learn how to golf!
I'm still working from GE but now from my home office. Before we bought my desk, that meant balancing on my Pilates ball for a chair, using Nathan's chest freezer for a desk. My back did not thank me for that. It's been a crazy two weeks of 2012 financial reviews and 2013 revenue forecasts but it should settle down soon (I hope).
Absolutely the best part of being here is seeing Nathan every day instead of every 2-3 weeks. He comes over after school for dinner almost every night. We go to church together. We grocery shop together. We go to ballroom dance classes at the community center (my Christmas present). It's seriously so much fun and I am so excited to be married to him! And not just so I won't have to kick him out of the apartment every night.
Here's a little peek into our new life in Glendale:
![]() |
| all dolled up at a cocktail party |
![]() |
| dinner with friends at postino's |


I'm so happy that you have a blog and that we live in the same state now!
ReplyDeleteLove you! and Love the new blog! =)
ReplyDeleteawesome!!! so happy for you! good luck working from home!
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures! The story of your shower head falling was great. Glad it all worked out. Enjoy the Arizona weather while the rest of us are freezing!
ReplyDelete